life

house,friends,movies

Thursday, September 11, 2003

Ah life one minute your A girld daddy only , the next.....


So,( lame of me to start with "so")

Preacher. Preacher is a comic book by Garth ennis.Comic book dosnt realy do it justis, you probly think of super hero's when you hear that,preacher is more of a gritty novel with lots of pitures,lots of amazziny pitures drawn by steve diillon.I started reading Preacher about seven years ago when it was a monthy book for DC's virtigo line.I think i made it through about the first twelve issues and then i felt i needed to stop reading it because of some of the content.Was it to violent?,to sexualy explicit?Probly but i like that stuff.the thing is Preacher hits the subject of God hard and if youre not ready for it its like a kick in the nads.But some people need a kick in the nads as Jesse Custer is often app to do.(Jesse custer is the Preacher) S about a year ago my friend Kelly gives me some of the Preacher trade paperbacks after i tell him im joensen for a good comic read.I was still afriad of the buck had a legit excuse not to read them hte collection he gave me was incompleat.Three days ago i decided to read them.Damb ther good. I dont think everyone can or should stumic the kind of attacts on God in this book,but if you beleave wwhat you cliam then this book cant change that ,but it WILL make you think and I think alot of CHristians dont want to.Thats what so great about convesion or getin saved, youve figured it out so not you can stop thinkin about it Wheew!.OH no ,no thank you that chalenges my beleifs ill not read that!THat was me seven years ago,after reading every last issue of Preacher ive come to the conclusion, I like a good chalenge.

"Maybe she's a herm?.....Little dick, little puss?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home