life

house,friends,movies

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I am completely sucked into A Game Of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, I've had no less than three friends independently of each other recommend the book( the first of seven, mmmm, seven). I'm maybe a fifth of the way through the book and I've laughed out loud , had tears well up, and got that sick feeling of dread when you are shown something the evil characters are planning that the heroic characters are yet unaware of. One chapter ( if you've read it, its ends with the line " the things I do for love" said by Jamie Lannister) brought me from nostalgic joy of boyhood freedom to horror of malicious waist of life. I don't have the middle initials R.R. so I'll stop trying to describe how good it is , just know it is.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jim has been wanting to read a new book lately. i saw you post a couple days ago and decided to order the book for him. ($2 on half.com) so, he is very excited. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home