life

house,friends,movies

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

About a month ago I lost my wallet. It was a Retro Nintendo controller wallet with velcro, I know perfection. When I lost it I was more upset about the wallet than the credit cards, debit cards, ID and cash contained within. See those are all replaceable, but game stop hasn't had that wallet for sale for about a year. A week ago Rob III gave me a store credit to GameStop for 18.00. I went to GS and picked up a used ROTS for the DS. When I was checking out I asked the clerk if they had any more of those wallets, he said no but I should check Hot Topic. Fast forward to today I had the kids at the mall and I popped in HT to inquire about the billfold, they didn't have it but they did have a different retro Nintendo controller wallet, one that is arguably better than the last( it looses points for not having velcro). After I bought it I felt really happy and I realized how important that silly wallet was to me. I had some of my identity attached to the fact that I have a video game wallet, and it felt really good to have it back. I don't know if that means I'm strangely shallow some how or that I find comfort and joy in simple material possessions, or whether or not that is good or bad , or perceived as good or bad, I just know it felt good to get my wallet back

1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know I love velcro on a wallet. Almost broke up with a certain boy because of it...TOMMY! True story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home