life

house,friends,movies

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I finished the book, Misquoting Jesus - The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why,by Bart D. Ehrman last night. The church history he goes into was fasinating. The book was not what I excpected though, From an interview I head or NPR I thought he was basicly an athiest, but the book never realy denies the existance of God just the bible being the word of God. I personaly think (even before I read the book) that christians put to mutch fiath in the bible. God has to be bigger than the bible , hes been locked up in that little black book because hes safe in there, you know exactly what he says and salvation and life on earth are an open and shut case. Do you feel like someone could sum up you in a book for now and forever, and this is God we're talkin about . I think the bible has become an Idol.

Andy, your right , you cant get into the BK lounge without coups.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Brad said...

The Bible has totally become an idol Doug. I totally agree. (I still dig the Bible though, no bashing!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home