life

house,friends,movies

Friday, April 15, 2005

Ah life one minute its impossible , the next you're getin there.


I'm drawing comic book pages. In the month of march I completed a twenty two page Batman story I wrote(just so I had somethin to drawl), and now I'm workin on an eight page submission script for Dark Horse comics. I've been stuck on the first panel of the first page for the last few times I've sat down and tried to drawl. Its much harder bringing some one else's word to life than your own. When I write for myself to draw, I'm taken a picture out of my head putting it into words and then back into a drawling. When its some one else's words I don't have that initial image in my mind to fall back on,but since I'm not a writer and my goal is to drawl other peoples stories I have to fight through it and tonight I broke through. I got the first page roughed out and it felt really good.

I like Sin City.
It was good.

Speaking of Clive Owen I also watched Closer .Clive Owen was the best part of that movie(besides Natalie Portmans butt that I barley even noticed in that pink thong). Cool movie but I never felt emotion for the characters .I think that might have been the directors intent.

My computers running so slow that when I type a word I finish and the the letters appear on the screen, I'm gonna restart and see what happens.

I'm back It didn't help.

"My warrior woman. She will almost yanks my head clean off, shoving my mouth into hers so hard it hurts, her kiss a savage thing, savage and endlessly angry,an explosion that blasts away all the dull gray years between the now and that one fiery night when she was mine.
She'll always be mine.
My warrior woman.My valkyrie.You'll always be mine, always and never.

5 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,
I think you should stop allowing anonymous comments on your blog.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger doug said...

Is that you J.R. ?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger doug said...

Dear SUNJBAAB, I mean anonymous,

Very clever of you to get around the ultra ppowerful anonymous block. You smart.

"but at least they have the 'nads to deal with opinions or humor that doesn't necessarily match up with yours" Is this adressed to me? I'm not sure how anonymously comenting shows any nad what so ever. Yes the anonymous "dont let people post anonymous" coment was ironic, could that have been intentional? Probably not since me and mine are aparently so dang dumb.

You seem to know of me but you defenetly dont know me if you think I dont want contrary opinions.Thats the problem with anonymous comenter he doesnt have an opinion , I talked about this two posts ago. " I like diferent things than you = your dumb " doesnt tell me any thing . Just that your a hater.

SPUNJBANONYMOUS, your thoughts are interesting , Im not sure what your problem with APEX is. Cleary you now nothing of my "journey" of little faith. Id talk with you about it , but who are you ?

Im Doug Citizen, I'm a husband, father and artist from Las Vegas, Nevada. I live in an intentional community with my beutiful wife, two beautiful daughters , my son, and two other families. Apex is my spiritual community and I'm the owner of Citizen Arts, a caricature business in the Desert Passage Mall on the Strip. I want to be a Jedi Knight when I grow up...and, yeah, I know...I can't spell.

See the diference, Ive put it all out there, anonymous has given me shit. Its not a fair trade.

doug

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger doug said...

By the way I removed the gay thing because it was lame and long and not an opinion of any kind. Cut and paste coments from my best friend anonymous dont get to stay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home