life

house,friends,movies

Sunday, May 21, 2006

My DaVinci Code experience.

The other day Jeremiah posted about how he got to see a preview screening of Rocky Balboa. In his comments a blogger named G13 was ripping on the movie and I'm sure the movie is quite rip-able(I still want to see it in the theater though). I decided to check out G13's blogg but I was in a hurry for what ever reason and I just glanced at it and book marked it to check out later.A couple days ago I was reading bloggs and I went back to G13's blogg and was surprised by his most recent post. He was talking about how he was going to go out and protest the DaVinci code and how he changed his mind and decided to follow who's her face's idea to "othertest" it. Actualy he said courageous "othertest". Then he had a list of reasons not to see the DaVinci code.Thats when I had to stop reading because I planed on seeing the DaVinci code and I didn't want some fundamentalist wacko giving away key story points in his stupid list of why not to see the movie.I did for some some strange reason check out the link to the "othertest" lady's website. Yeah, she dumb. Then in a moment of weakness I read the first reason on G13's list of why not to see the DaVinci code. Reason number one. Tom Hanks is a cross dressing pervert. Great , I had limited knowledge of the Davinci Code but I was aware that femimininty played a big part, I guess G13 doesn't know the difference between an actor and the role he plays in a movie. I was looking forward to seeing the movie and coming strait home to comment on G13's Blogg. Cheryl and I watched the movie last night and I enjoyed it a lot. It wasnt great but there was alot of things in it that I'm a sucker for, controversial theology, freaky albinos, Indiana Jonesish artifact/crypt puzzles, Ian Mckellen, Tom Hanks, Leon, So I gave it some le-way. The review in this weeks EW is spot on to how I felt about the movie, C+. My DaVinci code moment came on the way to the car. Talking with Cheryl about the different parts of the movie G13's blogg started to flash in my mind al-la the way Tom Hank's character decodes things in the film. First was the cross dressing pervert thing, Hanks isn't a cross dresser in the film. Then the description of who's her face's "othertest" as courageous. Suddenly it was all clear. Cross dressing pervert, bosom buddies, Ah HA ! My attempt to avoid spoiling the movie blinded me. So when I got home I read the rest of the list and it's pretty damn funny. But not as funny as G13's mock radio calls blogg, that shit's a riot.

Over the hedge was good too, we took the kids this morning.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger miah said...

jeff gentry's blog is, in my opinion, as good as they come. he is an excellent writer and says some plain funny shit. any seminary grad who refers to themself as "rear-entry gentry" has got to be cool. his best posts are written by "chuck smith, c.s.s.", a somewhat-fictional customer service representative for christian book distributors (where jeff worked for many years).

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger g13 said...

i'm glad you enjoyed my davinci code post doug (even though i am a bit amazed if somebody took my bullshit seriously). through the intinerant ministry of joe boyd, the apex community that has given a lot to my life and the life of our community. thus, i'm glad to give something back - even if it is mind-numbing bullshit - to a member of the apex community.

pax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home